Current:Home > FinanceAlgosensey|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Balance Wealth Academy
Algosensey|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Johnathan Walker View
Date:2025-04-06 12:39:25
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Algosensey which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (98991)
Related
- Current, future North Carolina governor’s challenge of power
- A Black student punished for his hairstyle wants to return to the Texas school he left
- West Virginia’s new drug czar was once addicted to opioids himself
- Unprecedented Numbers of Florida Manatees Have Died in Recent Years. New Habitat Protections Could Help Them
- Can Bill Belichick turn North Carolina into a winner? At 72, he's chasing one last high
- Republican Wisconsin congressman falsely suggests city clerk was lying about absentee ballots
- Nikki Garcia's Ex Artem Chigvintsev Shares His Priority After Extremely Difficult Legal Battle
- Americans are more likely to see Harris’ gender as a hurdle than they were for Clinton: AP-NORC poll
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Who went home on Episode 2 of 'Survivor' Season 47? See the player who was voted out
Ranking
- Average rate on 30
- Evacuation order lifted for Ohio town where dangerous chemical leak occurred
- Home cookin': Diners skipping restaurants and making more meals at home as inflation trend inverts
- US lawmakers’ concerns about mail ballots are fueled by other issues with mail service
- What do we know about the mysterious drones reported flying over New Jersey?
- The Masked Singer's First Season 12 Celebrity Reveal Is a Total Touchdown
- Santa's helpers: UPS announces over 125,000 openings in holiday hiring blitz
- Why Riley Keough Says Mom Lisa Marie Presley Died “of a Broken Heart”
Recommendation
Whoopi Goldberg is delightfully vile as Miss Hannigan in ‘Annie’ stage return
Rooting out Risk: A Town’s Challenge to Build a Safe Inclusive Park
Jon and Kate Gosselin's Son Collin Gosselin's College Plans Revealed
UFC reaches $375 million settlement on one class-action lawsuit, another one remains pending
Senate begins final push to expand Social Security benefits for millions of people
Lady Gaga's Hair Transformation Will Break Your Poker Face
CDC: Tenth death reported in listeria outbreak linked to Boar's Head meats
Concerns linger after gunfire damages Arizona Democratic campaign office